Director of Product for Platform
We are looking for a passionate and experienced product leader to launch a new technology platform that will support our customers on their lifelong journey of leadership development. The Platform will deliver a virtual learning environment to augment CTI’s in-person training and connect a global community of over 60,000 customers. We’ve dreamed this for our customers for some time and hiring for this role within our new Product Team is part of our ongoing commitment to making this real.
The Director of Product for Platform is responsible for defining the CTI platform strategy and making it real in the world. This includes defining long term product vision and strategy for Platform, researching and creating requirements for new Platform capabilities, and holding product prioritization and scope for all Platform related work. As a member of a distributed team, the role can be located anywhere.
You’ll be a strong candidate and great fit for this position and CTI if:
- You have genuine desire and commitment to grow your leadership in a meaningful way
- You have a solid track record in agile product management
- You know what it takes to create a product vision and strategy
- You can share many stories of lessons learned from new product development and launch
- You’ve got experience building online community and learning platforms
- You’ve managed agile product managers in the past
- You find it rewarding to help an organization learn and grow with an agile product mindset
- You combine technical acumen with business savvy and an open mind
- You don’t need to have taken our courses, but you do have a willingness to learn
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define and actualize long term product vision and strategy
- Hold P&L responsibility for Platform products and services
- Research and create requirements for new Platform capabilities
- Own product prioritization and scope of all Platform related work
- Partner with technical stakeholders for development and implementation
- Partner with business stakeholders for go-to-market launch and ongoing management
- Establish, grow and manage the Platform Product Team over time
On a daily basis, you will be interviewing stakeholders as you craft, socialize and evolve a long term vision and strategy along with prioritizing requirements for Platform capabilities. You will build business cases and conduct opportunity assessments for new Platform related products with supporting market, competitive and technology research. You’ll partner closely with technical stakeholders to drive and support iterative product development, and partner with business stakeholders to align teams on product launch.
The Director of Product for Platform reports to the Global Head of Product and is accountable for Platform Strategy, P&L and associated deliverables. The role partners closely with the Global Head of Technology, Program Management and other internal/external technical stakeholders.
- 5+ years in Agile Product Management experience
- 2+ years managing Agile Product Managers
- Track record of leading multiple products from ideation to launch at a global scale
- Direct experience building online community and learning platforms
- Deep empathy and a passion for helping others grow their leadership
- Experience managing product P&L
- Certified Scrum Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
- Design background or experience doing design-led work
- Product/development experience with mobile applications
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and letter of interest telling us:
- Why you want to work for CTI?
- What you uniquely bring to the table, including your background in relevant roles?
- What makes for the ideal company or job in your opinion?
- What questions do you have? What are the things you’re most curious about?
- Salary expectations.
- If you were referred by someone at CTI, please mention who referred you in your cover letter.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@coactive.com and make the subject “Director of Product for Platform”.
Thank you for your interest in The Coaches Training Institute.
CTI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate based on a protected class or as otherwise prohibited by law.
About CTI, the Coaches Training Institute
CTI was founded as a coach training organization 25 years ago and over the years, we have evolved to a leading edge, global leadership development company. Through our work, and our very intentional workplace, we strive to open human consciousness and transform the human experience. We believe that what people really want, more than anything else, is to live a life of meaning and fulfillment and to be able to contribute the best of what they are to their world. It is our intention to grow the leadership of everyone inside our organization. Within this context, CTI is creating the new language of leadership, striving to empower individuals and organizations to lead and, in the process, transforming individuals, teams, organizations, and culture.
At CTI, we experience our work as our workshop. When you join the CTI team, you join a group of people who are committed to growing our leadership, using our Co-Active® methods and tools in a practical and authentic way.
CTI’s organizational clients span the globe and industries, ranging from humanitarian organizations to top-tier firms in technology, banking, retail, and many other industries. Privately owned, CTI is headquartered in San Rafael, CA, with subsidiary offices in the UK and Spain. Together, our direct offices support 6 countries, and our dedicated partners help us offer active courses in 14 countries around the world. We have a global workforce of 250 employees with faculty on nearly every continent. Our founders have published several seminal leadership and coaching books including Co-Active Leadership: Five Ways to Lead and Co-Active Coaching: Changing Business, Transforming Lives.