Social Media Community Manager
We're looking for a qualified, experienced Social Media Community Manager to join CTI’s internal marketing department in advance of the re-launch of the company brand. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, be tech-savvy and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. Our ideal candidate will have exceptional oral and written communication skills; be experienced implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You’ll be a true ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online conversations with our community whether prospects, students or our 60,000 strong alumni. The goal is to act as the digital face, voice and champion of our brand and manage all community communications, and do it with a sense of humor, curiosity and professionalism.
The Social Media Community Manager role is responsible for the ongoing management and growth toward social media presence in alignment with business strategies and goals.
- Activate key communities online and bring them into CTI’s world
- Be a strong voice for CTI across the web
- Take active ownership of CTI social media channels, as part of a broader Marketing strategy and plan
Initial Challenges and Opportunities:
- Assess current state of social media channels and Alumni groups
- Implement social media technology to automate and scale CTI’s social media presence
- Work to develop a systematic approach to social media management
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop strategies, plans and campaigns that leverage the social media space. You will lead the social media strategy component as part of broader initiatives and work with the marketing team/outside vendors as needed to execute.
- Responsible for developing and managing a content calendar and content across owned and earned social channels that sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around CTIs brand and new products. This could include posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos, memes, and videos.
- Creates, manages and grows business presence strategically across social media channels, including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat, as well as new platforms as they come online, with a clear understanding of the needs of each channel and how they support one and other.
- Leverages digital tools (company uses Lately for social media management) to provide scalability, reporting and insights, while continually finding ways to optimize activities through testing and new initiatives.
- Interacts and engages with social media communities and commenters in line with company tone, with an understanding of where to route conversations within the company.
- Implementing, monitoring and reporting of social media ad campaigns, and working with vendors to be trained in best practices for analyzing and calculating KPIs.
- Growing the social media proficiencies within CTI, including training key stakeholders within the company to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way. Understand the value of internal ambassadors and work toward a long-term goal of helping to shape a formalized program within the company.
- Work with our existing community of alumni and students to extend reach via their own social media initiatives and bridge the conversation between CTI and external raving fans.
The Social Media Community Manager works in close partnership with, and is accountable to the Global Head of Marketing, aligning on impact, outcomes, strategy, and initiatives. The Community Manager also works closely with the internal Marketing team, the CTI lines of business and external customers via Social Media channels.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 3-5 years of working knowledge and real-world experience in social media planning, community management and executing social media initiatives
- Real-world experience planning social media programs that span owned (eg Blogs), earned (eg Facebook) and paid (sponsored tweets and posts)
- Knowledge of social media legal guidelines, including, but not limited to IAB, FCC, WOMMA
- Knowledge of Strategic planning and processes for brand management and creative development, including research tools and evaluation of results.
- Knowledge of media strategy and planning options and the media role in integrated communication.
- Strong negotiation skills as both a strategic advisor and direct negotiator for a broad variety of Marketing-related services
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms and social media management tools such as Hootsuite or Lately to develop a content calendar and optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge about SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to work with teams to deliver creative content (text, image and video) consistently on-brand
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
- Work with internal teams to develop a discrete plan to secure key speaking engagements for key members of the executive team and senior faculty. Understand how to leverage and amplify such opportunities via social media
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of Asana a bonus
- Working knowledge of Lately a bonus (www.trylately.com)
- Working knowledge of Webdam a bonus
- BA/BSc degree in Marketing or equivalent in relevant field
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and letter of interest telling us:
- Why you want to work for CTI.
- What you uniquely bring to the table, including your background in leadership and operation roles.
- What we can count on you for if you join our team.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@coactive.com and make the subject “Social Media Community Manager.”
Thank you for your interest in The Coaches Training Institute.
CTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About CTI, the Co-Active ® Training Institute
CTI was founded as a coach training organization 25 years ago and has evolved to a leading edge, global leadership development company. Through our work, and our very intentional workplace, we strive to open human consciousness and transform the human experience. We believe that what people really want, more than anything else, is to live a life of meaning and fulfillment and to be able to contribute the best of what they are to their world. Within this context, CTI is creating the new language of leadership, striving to empower individuals and organizations to lead and, in the process, transforming individuals, teams, and organizations, and culture.
At CTI, we experience our work as our workshop. When you join the CTI team, you join a group of people who are committed to growing our leadership, using our Co-Active® methods and tools in a practical and authentic way.
CTI’s organizational clients span the globe and industries, ranging from humanitarian organizations to top-tier firms in tech, banking, retail, and many other industries. Privately owned, CTI is headquartered in San Rafael, CA, with subsidiary offices in the UK and Spain, and dedicated partners in China, Germany, Israel, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Turkey, and the UAE. We have a global workforce of 250 employees with faculty on nearly every continent. Our founders have published several seminal leadership and coaching books including Co-Active Leadership: Five Ways to Lead and Co-Active Coaching: Changing Business, Transforming Lives.