Frequently Asked Questions
We want to answer any questions you might have. Not finding he answer you need here? Have one of our program advisors call you.
Toronto: August 25-27, 2017
Washington DC: September 8-10, 2017
San Rafael: October 20-22, 2017
Denver: October 27-29, 2017
Vancouver: November 3-5, 2017
What is the difference between the Co-Active Leadership Experience and the Co-Active Leadership Program?
The Co-Active Leadership Experience is a 3-day immersion in CTI’s Co-Active Leadership model. The focus is on creating a deep, experiential understanding of each of the five dimensions. You will practice leading from each dimension and come away with a plan for how to grow your own leadership in your life and work. It is a fast-paced and fun way to deepen your understanding of what it means to be a leader and to create a practical plan for applying what you’ve learned. If you are considering the 10-month intensive program, the Co-Active Leadership Experience will give you a great introduction to the Co-Active Leadership Model and to CTI’s unique approach to learning.
The Co-Active Leadership Program is a 10-month immersion in developing and strengthening every aspect of you as a leader. During the program, you will be introduced to the Co-Active Leadership Map and the Co-Active Leadership Model, and you will learn how to use them powerfully to harness the unique leader in everyone. You will deepen your understanding of who you are as a leader and identify your most vibrant, authentic leadership style. The program is experiential and with the same group for the 10 months, so you have a safe place to experiment with new skills in a supportive setting before applying them. In-between the intensive weeks together, you will have ample time to apply your learning in your own life and work. This program is transformational. If you want to learn more or register for the 10-month program visit this section of our website.
Yes! The Co-Active Leadership Experience is a great supplement to your continued leadership development journey. It’s also a way to refresh and update your knowledge. And it’s an excellent way to check in with what’s evolving for you now and give you a new goal, insight or focus for what’s next for you. If you are a coach, you will find your learning from the Co-Active Leadership Experience is immediately applicable to your practice with your clients.
You will receive 11.75 Core Competency hours and 7.0 Resource Development hours for this program.
We believe this course is useful for anyone living on planet Earth! That said, we KNOW you will find the course valuable if you:
- Are interested in learning about yourself as a leader. (This course will provide that understanding and an entry point into further developing your leadership capacity.)
- Have taken our coaching courses and are not planning to go on to certification, but would like to continue your personal growth.
- Are a CPCC and looking for a way to expand your range, reconnect with your purpose, and boost your capacity for growing yourself and your business.
- Are an Alumni or our Leadership program who’d like to get re-invigorated and reconnected to your Leadership.
- Are an HR Director or hold a corporate leadership position and are looking to explore a leadership agility model that you can use for yourself and your team.
- Are an HR Director or hold a corporate leadership position and are looking to explore a model that you can use to introduce a culture shift in your organization.
- Are interested in our 10-month Leadership program and who would like a little more experience with the model before committing.
- Are interested in our 10-month Leadership program and are unable to make the time or cost commitment at this time.
No. We do recommend you read our book: Co-Active Leadership: 5 Ways to Lead before attending the course.
The program is not theoretical, but instead engages the learner in practicing leadership agility within a context of the Co-Active Leadership model. You will learn the model by participating in activities that allow you to practice it in real time.
We call this kind of instruction contextually based, experientially driven learning. All CTI programs are structured as contextually based, experientially driven and transformative learning. (On average, experiential learning has about 80% retention vs. a traditional classroom setting, which provides about 25%). This means that you get 65% more value for every dollar spent.
- You will learn about yourself as a leader and leave with a greater sense of where you “check out”. You will better understand the impact of your actions and behaviors and have begun developing new skills to quickly shift to creative leadership in any situation.
- You will identify areas of strength and areas for growth.
- You will leave with a plan to expand and grow your capacity as a leader.
- You will learn how to apply the model with direct reports, clients, teams, and in your own life.
- We provide tools that you can start using right away – and a plan for how to apply your learning immediately.
A complete program guide, plus a journey map of where you want to grow in your leadership, along with a plan for next steps. You will also have a personal assessment of your strengths and weaknesses and guidance for expanding the areas that will best serve you.
What information do you have about travel and accommodations for people who are coming from out of town?
The cost of the course does not include transportation, lodging or meals. If you are traveling in from out of town, we will be happy to recommend nearby hotels that you can use during your program.