The Co-Active Model
The power of the Co-Active Model and how it works.
The difference between coaching, mentorship, and traditional leadership.
How to use the Co-Active Model to enhance your personal communication approach.
How to design effective relationship alliances with others to minimize miscommunications and align expectations.
3 Levels of Listening
How to use the three levels of listening—internal, focused, and global—to deepen your relationships.
How to use powerful questions in coaching conversations to acutely identify what really matters.
The communication, agility, and emotional capabilities necessary to help others see their own potential as leaders.
How over 65,000 coaches and leaders use Co-Active coaching to be more aware, connected, creative, and successful.
PREREQUISITE: CO-ACTIVE FUNDAMENTALS OF COACHING
This course will develop your skill in helping clients discover their unique values, identify self-defeating influences, and create their individualized vision for a compelling future and fulfilling life. Fulfillment coaching is about facilitating opportunities for others to create lives that are centered in what makes them feel most alive.
- Identify Values How to assist clients in identifying their unique values, and in assessing their satisfaction with living those values.
- Access Range How to use a model of inner dialog to assist clients in accessing the full range of their ability and power.
- Transcend Limitations How to help clients identify and let go of preconceived rules, limitations and self-defeating influences.
- Create Fulfillment Learn proprietary coaching tools and methods for creating fulfillment. Concepts include life purpose, inner leader, and identifying allies and saboteurs.
PREREQUISITE: CO-ACTIVE FULFILLMENT
In this course, coaches learn how to assist their clients in developing new perspectives and how to create a plan of action grounded in commitment to what is most meaningful. People always say they want more balance in their lives. What they usually want is to feel they are choosing their life, not just reacting to it.
- “Respond-ability” How to help people make choices from a place of flow and alignment, rather than reacting out of urgency.
- Perspective Building How to help your clients realize many new perspectives.
- Forwarding Action The 5-step process for moving from feeling stuck to embracing possibility and taking action.
- Power of Choice How to coach clients to make conscious choices rather than allow themselves to be controlled by circumstances.
- Self-Affirmation How to coach clients to create an exciting, life-affirming strategy for action that arises out of the perspective they’ve chosen, and to make their most resonant choice.
PREREQUISITE: CO-ACTIVE BALANCE
While a lot of coaching focuses on moving forward, Process coaching focuses on the internal experience, on what is happening it the moment. You’ll learn to help clients work through emotionally charged issues. You’ll help them to understand that—although uncomfortable—chaos, confusion, and inertia are a vital part of achieving forward motion in life.
- Experiential Coaching How to engage the Process coaching skills, so that clients “experience” (beyond talk) what exists specifically for them.
- Presence & Flexibility How to develop your own capacity to remain present in challenging situations.
- Individuation How to simply be with the other person: fully engaged, attentive, and open.
- Fluidity How to fluidly move between and integrate the principles of Co-Active coaching: Fulfillment, Balance, and Process.
- The Nature of Process How the shortest distance between here and there isn’t always a straight line.
- Attuned Listening How to simply be with the other person, fully engaged, attentive, and open.
PREREQUISITE: CO-ACTIVE PROCESS
Synergy integrates the complete range of coaching skills learned in the previous courses, so you can take your Co-Active coaching to a higher level of professionalism and impact. With Synergy, you can focus deeply on your client and trust that the direction you need to take is already inside you. Coaching from this place allows you to tap into your intuition, so you can coach with more flexibility, ease, and confidence.
- Coaching Framework Build a coaching framework and learn how to articulate and leverage the principles, contexts, cornerstones, and skills of Co-Active coaching.
- Creative Confidence How to integrate your own creativity and ability with what you have learned in previous Co-Active courses.
- Targeted Impact How to cultivate depth and courage to increase your impact.
- Unlocking Intuition How to gain the confidence to rely on your intuition and power to create “in the moment” interactions, rather than getting stuck in preconceived techniques or rules.
- Generative Interaction How to generate coaching interactions that are dynamic and alive.
Personal Supervision & Feedback
To become a great coach, you need practice. In this program, you’ll experience in-depth coaching practice through a rigorous program of advanced-level training, supervision, assessment, and feedback.
Receive a professional credential from the world’s most rigorous, respected, ICF-accredited coach training program.
Upon completing the program, graduates will have already completed the training and coaching hours needed to apply for the ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential.
Receive 1-on-1 supervision on your client calls with feedback from an experienced faculty mentor coach to develop your coaching skills and deepen understanding of the Co-Active Model.
Proficiency & Mastery
Build your coaching proficiency and mastery through modeling, practice, feedback, adjustment, and more practice.
Build your Business
Develop richer, longer, more successful client relationships as a result of skills you have learned, coupled with the deepening of your confidence and authenticity in using these skills. Through the process, you will start building your own coaching practice.
Participate in live coaching demos, created by Co-Active Training Institute founders and faculty who helped create the industry standards of coaching.
Belong to a powerful network of professional colleagues, your community of fellow Certified Professional Co-Active Coaches.